The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith in a relaxed, friendly setting. The Alpha course meets once per week for 10 weeks, and includes a day Alpha Retreat.
Here at West Lawn, the Alpha course consists of a series of talks presented by Rev. Nicky Gumble (DVD) and others addressing key issues relating to the Christian faith.
- Supper: There is a light meal together at the beginning of each session, which gives people a chance to get to know each other.
- Talk: After each talk we divide into small groups to discuss the topic of the evening, ask questions and express opinions.
- Coffee & Small groups: Listen, learn, discuss and discover. And ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
Is Alpha for me?
The Alpha course is for everyone! It is especially geared to:
- People interested in investigating Christianity
- Newcomers to Resurrection interested in a short-term small group experience
- New Christians
- Christians who want to brush up on the basics
What others at West Lawn are saying:
For the past three years I have felt something satisfying within me. I could not identify the feeling except that it was good and gave me a sense of worth. This was a new experience that uplifted me to a different plaque. It was not until I attended the Alpha retreat, when I realized that I was filled with the Holy Spirit. What a wonderful
Alpha was an amazing experience for me. It was such a blessing to be able to see the great impact the Alpha course had on the attendees of my small group. When we first met, so many people had been through so much in their lives and it seemed as if they were really seeking some sort of fulfillment, satisfaction, comfort, refuge, something. After trying so many other avenues for happiness and peace, they finally found themselves seeking God. I could never even imagine going through some of the difficulties of my small group teammates. It only took ten weeks to take 12 complete strangers and turn them into a family in Christ. We went from discussing revenge, pain, hurt, and addictions we’ve faced in life to rejoicing in the freedom of Christ, experiencing love, joy, peace, and forgiveness.
For more information and to join the next Alpha Course, please contact John Magee at Jmagee3113@comcast.net, 610-670-5236.