This year’s Peach Festival was one for the West Lawn UMC’s record books!
We had nearly 2,000 friends, family & neighbors join us this past Saturday! (About twice the crowd that we were expecting!) We wanted to share some of the comments we’ve received on Facebook, as this event wouldn’t have been a success without each of the 200 Servants who prepped & cooked the food, peeled the peaches, baked the pies, served at stands, helped in the kitchen, set up for the event & cleaned up afterwards too! It was so fun to see WLUMC’s radical hospitality in action!
Here are just a few of the comments that we received on our page:
- “Amazing job everyone! This was my third year coming. I invited all my neighbors and an glad to day they invited their friends. We all meet at the festival and had an awesome time! Thank you again for a great day of great food and meeting some great people” – Sue P.
- “Fantastic event! Thank you to everyone that worked so hard to make it great” – Sue M.
- “I am glad I went this weekend! We had a great time! We thank you!” – C. Stevenson
- “For those it made it run, nice! GREAT JOB” – Michael W.
- “Super organized, ideal weather, nice food additions. Way to Invite, Embrace & Empower WLUMC!” – Pam B.
- “My husband and I had a great time at this festival! The peach slushies were delicious and very refreshing.’ – Ginny F.
- “What an amazing congregation we have at WLUMC! Don & I stopped and were blown away by how organized and delicious everything was! Oh, and the peach salsa was superb!!!! Wish I could’ve bought a jar to bring home!! Kudos to all involved!” – Kelly G.
Thank you again, all who served & were apart of this year’s Peach Festival!